Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Found out spark plug is larger than expected, Day 9

So, I cut a piece of wood roughly as big as I expect my igniter to be (1.5"x1.5"x3"), then after talking to a guy named Michael, I thought I ought to check my spark plug, and I found that it's 3 or 4 mm larger in diameter than I expected, which actually means I can make the chamber shorter (which is good and gives me more of a chance of being able to use the drill press for it).

Another thing I learned is that I probably will want to use the lathe for the rocket igniter, although I still will most likely use the drill press since I know how to use it.

Tomorrow, I will update the CAD drawing and will show a picture of the piece of wood I am going to use as a mock-up.

Also, I will calculate the pressure vessel strength of the combustion chamber. Maybe not tomorrow, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment